We often complain about our busy work schedule! We don’t have time and some of our commitments just keep us busy. We hardly are able to take time out for our loved ones, for small parties or get together and even in the kitchen. My husband likes cooking but because of his hectic schedule he just don’t cook these days.
Last week, he said – I should cook something! I insisted him; it is okay I can manage. But he literally forced me that he really wants to cook some easy recipes. I took out my recipe booklet and gave to him and asked him to cook a simple Thai recipe – Chicken Laska. It’s one of the simple boneless chicken breast recipes that you can try at home.
As we all know chicken breasts are the healthiest part in the chicken. They are rich in protein and contain no-fat. It’s healthy and good for kids too. It has got a nice soupy texture and it’s one of the amazing soup recipe for dinner. The flavors are spicy yet soothing for your taste pallet. There are gazillion ways to make a good chicken laska. This simple soup can be made with bean sprouts, pineapple, tofu, or a variety of fish. But we are keeping this recipe plain, simple, and absolutely amazing.
So let’s start cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 4-5 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 fresh red chilli
- Juice of 1 lime
- 800ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Neck of 1 butternut squash – peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 inch piece ginger – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 4 spring onions
- 1 heap tsp. peanut butter
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 300g medium rice noodles – cooked
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 can coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of grease-proof paper and rub the five spice and salt and pepper all over the breasts. Bash the chicken with a rolling pin until about 1.5 cm thick. Heat a hot skillet pan and fry the chicken, turning after 3-4 minutes until it’s evenly cooked.
- Now take a deep pan and cook onion and mushrooms until its tender and cooked evenly.
- Now pour the chicken stock into a large pan and add the squash once boiling. And add garlic, ginger, turmeric, spring onions, peanut butter, lime leaves, coriander, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- In this, add broccoli, cooked noodles and coconut milk to the pan, bring to the boil and then add the lime juice and turn off the heat. And add chicken pieces in this soup.
- Drizzle some honey over the chicken, along with the lime juice and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Add coriander leaves, fresh chilli and more lime to taste. Serve hot.
I hope you would like this easy chicken recipe. It’s easy and quick to make and believe me, my husband made a really scrumptious soup for us. Kids simply licked their bowl and enjoyed it completely. It was delight watching them the way they finished their meal and plus that beautiful satisfying smile on my husband’s face was serene too.