In my previous post, I shared an easy recipe i.e. Tangy Tilapia and Steamed broccoli. That recipe was healthy and a boon for the health freak people. In today’s post, I thought to carry on with tilapia fish with some interesting twist and flavors. Baked fish are always delectable and taste amazing with rice.
There are plenty of baked fish recipes that you can make for dinner but personally I like this white sauce baked fish. The flavors are delicate and blends perfectly with rice and stuffed tomatoes. In this baked fish recipe, tender fish fillets are seasoned with herbs and they are topped with sautéed onions and baked in a light, smooth creamy milk sauce and this classic and easy recipe is originally from Colombia's Pacific coast.
In this we also add some thyme, basil and anise herbs that give this sauce an excellent flavor and believe me you will try this recipe again and again for your dinner. I am using tilapia fish for this recipe but you can use any fish of your choice like salmon or cat fish etc. Tilapia fish, as I shared earlier is not just a good source of protein but they are pocket friendly too and it got no-fats in it. So fairly a beneficial deal for everyone. Nevertheless it’s an easy recipe that you can make even in your busy weeknights and since fish take less cooking time,
you are done with the whole recipe in 30 minutes or so.
This recipe got 330 calories per serving and calories from fat is 170. Rest, it’s rich in protein and other vital vitamin and nutrients. Let’s start cooking this wonderful recipe –
This recipe serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. white fish of choice (I used Tilapia), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced into thick rings
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup Milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- Preheat the oven at 325 degree F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Now season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tender and golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Now in that same skillet melt butter and medium-low heat and add all-purpose flour, now make sauce by adding milk; avoid lumps. Once you have a smooth sauce, add thyme, basil and anise seeds and salt (if required); boil once and turn off the heat.
- Now take another skillet pan, add remaining oil at medium-high heat. Cook fish until browned on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Now prepare the baking dish, by placing fish and pour the white sauce over the fish. Top the baking tray with onion and garlic. If desired, season it with herbs like basil or thyme.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Now you can find interesting facts and ideas on food on my Facebook page - Dinner Recipes Ideas and Healthy Recipes For All. If you have any suggestions for the page, please share that too with me. And if you like the page, please click on like too. J
I will be waiting for your love and support.