The most confusing question for me is “what’s for dinner?” or “what to make for dinner?” I guess most of the ladies who are reading this blog face the same issue. You can’t make one single recipe each day, you have to make sure everyone eat the food you cooked without making any of those funny faces, and lastly, it should be healthy.
People suggest a dinner should be light and not heavy. That’s absolutely true but it should be filling too. It should not be that light that you have those hunger pangs at middle of the night. It’s best to make some chicken recipes in the dinner. As chicken is the best source of protein and protein helps you to stay full for longer period of time and you don’t have those hunger pangs in between.
Boneless chicken breast recipes are the best thing that you can make for dinner. They are less in calories and fats and got the highest source of protein. From a chicken breasts you can make chicken salads, soups, sandwiches etc. however, today I am making a nice flavorsome recipe called pepper chicken with lemon spinach. One of my friend has sent me this recipe via email. I tried this recipe and me and my husband just fell in love with it.
This is an easy and simple recipe that you can make for dinner. So let’s start cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 teaspoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- ¾ teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup brandy or red wine (optional)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound spinach
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350o F. Smear 1 tablespoon mustard all over the chicken. Sprinkle with the peppercorns, rosemary and salt to taste, patting gently so the seasonings stick.
- Now take a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat; add 2 tablespoons oil in that pan. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, for about 6 minutes, turning once. Now transfer the chicken pieces to a baking dish; bake the chicken, for almost about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, add the shallots to the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat until just tender. Remove the pan from the heat, add the brandy, then return the pan to the heat and scrape up any browned bits. Add the broth, bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard and the parsley.
- Now heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic; cook about 30 seconds. Add the spinach, season with salt and cook until wilted and soft; add the lemon zest. Slice the chicken (if you want) and drizzle with the shallot sauce. Serve with the spinach.
You can also serve this with veggies like mushrooms. Just cook mushrooms and spinach together. And serve some mayo tomato salad to make this simple dinner recipe complete. If you have any suggestion or idea you can share with us. Till then, happy cooking! Enjoy the meal.