Ever wondered what will you cook for the dinner everyday? It is really a complex question that arises in the mind of any lady be it working or a housewife. Cooking dinner every night can be quite difficult when you don't know what to cook actually or you are not ready with the required ingredients.
Offcourse for busy working moms it becomes quite hectic after a long day of work to figure out what to serve in dinner. Always eating outside food is not an easy thing to do. Looking for a restaurant where you can get food of your own choice and wherein reservations are available is at times a challenge.
In my previous postings I have been posting dinner recipes out of which my favorite two are Simple and Easy Dinner Ideas For Family wherein I had shared dinner ideas separately for two people and kids which was quite well appreciated by readers.
Another one is Crustless Simple Quiche Recipe that is a great dish to be served at dinner. It is made with unbaked pastry shells, different veggies e.g. spinach which is rich in vitamin K, C and B6.
This time also I have come up with such an easy dinner recipe which was loved by all in my family.
The name of this dinner recipe is Pan-Seared Salmon with Kale and Apple Salad served as dinner rolls with combination of apple, cheese, almonds and seasoned with pepper which adds a tangy taste to it.
Pan-Seared Salmon with Kale and Apple Salad Recipe
Total Time: 40 min Prep: 20 min Inactive: 10 min Cook: 10 min Yield: 4 servings Level: Easy
· 4 whole wheat dinner rolls
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Four 5-ounce center-cut salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
· 3 tablespoons olive oil and fresh lemon juice
· 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
· Kosher salt
· 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
· 1/4 cup dates, finely grated pecorino
· 1 Honeycrisp apple
- Firstly you will have to make sure salmon is brought to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking it.
- Simultaneously, take a large bowl and keep on whisking together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Then add the kale, toss it to coat and let it stand there for about 10 minutes.
- While the kale is kept on the stand, cut apple into the size of matchsticks and dates into thin slivers. Now add the apples, dates, cheese and almonds to the kale. Spice it with pepper, toss well and set aside.
- Dash the salmon all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat remaining oil. Raise the heat to medium-high. Keep the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook it on one side for about 4 minutes till it turns golden brown. Make sure the fish is cooked well until it feels firm to the touch within 3 minutes it is done.
- Finally divide the salmon, salad and rolls equally among four plates.
This is itself a unique recipe which contains the nutrition of apple and kale salad with a crunchy, tangy and sweet taste in it.
I keep on posting cooking tips, recipe photos with their resource links on my Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest profiles. If you are socially active and want to share this easy dinner recipe or any other recipe from my blog with your loved ones then just click on the above given Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest links. I'd certainly love to have you follow me!