You know what maximum percentage of people in America eat shrimp rather than tuna or chicken. According to consumerreports.org, 18 million servings of shrimp dishes are there in the everyday menu of American households. It’s one of the most favorite’s meals served so it becomes quite necessary to go through every methods and tips of cooking shrimp. Be it in the stovetop, grilling, roasting etc. What we will be discussing here is the roasting of shrimp in the oven. This may seem to be quite easy for many but it’s not that easy. If not done properly you may end up into something dry and tasteless or
overcooked shrimp in the oven.
To enjoy the hot and juicy shrimp, which is then tossed over your favorite noodles, pasta or rice try to roast it properly in oven. The best part is that unlike other meat types even if they are frozen they won’t take that much time to cook in the oven.
These can be cooked with ease in the oven like other seafood as they do cook fast. I feel it’s a great way to cook them in oven you simply have to put a tray in the shrimp in oven while you are busy with other work in kitchen. You set the time and then you see your shrimp dish is ready to be served.
If you buy the shrimp much earlier than the time when you cook it. It’s better to keep them in the refrigerator rather than the freezer just to make sure it is brought to the normal temperature. Or else you can keep it under standing water for some time to bring it to room temperature.
Now let me discuss how to actually go with the roasting process of Shrimp in Oven.
- 1 peeled, deveined, medium-sized shrimp with tails intact
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Pre-Heat oven to 400°F: While you preheat oven to 400°F place a rack in its middle part.
- Bring shrimp to normal temp: Bring the frozen shrimp to normal room temperature for that you can keep it under cold water. Drain off the water from the skin of shrimp to make sure it’s not drenched enough.
- How to check if it’s dry now: Once shrimp is at the normal room temperature it turns translucent, soft and also bend now. It may take just minutes to test then use towel to pat it dry.
- Use olive oil over shrimp’s surface: Just toss it with olive oil.
- Use salt and pepper for seasoning it: Use salt and black pepper for seasoning it.
- Place it over baking sheet: Use baking sheet and place shrimp over it to make sure there is a single layer with much of the space.
- Make sure you bake it for 6 to 8 minutes: Keep on baking it till shrimp may turn white and pink and opaque from translucent texture. Remove it from oven and then serve it hot.
Now you may wonder what all shrimp recipes are there which you can try. To conclude here are some of my suggestions for tried and tested shrimp recipes from brands like Knorr shrimp recipes such as Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Shrimp and Realsimple Shrimp recipes and Roasted Tomatoes Shrimp Feta.