One of my favorite chicken recipe is Coco-cola chicken or Sticky Chicken recipe. It’s simple yet an easy recipe. I got this recipe quite a long back and on weekdays I try to make such easy chicken recipes which saves time and efforts. Serve this with rice and some grilled vegetable, it taste just great.
Note: don’t use diet coke as it do not contain any sugar content in it. Use the classic Coca-Cola for this recipe.
This simple recipe is finger-licking tasty, the caramelized and simmering sauce makes this recipe really scrumptious. Kids simply love the tangy and sweet flavors of this recipe. This recipe is a classic Chinese recipe and got inspired from sweet and sour chicken recipe. Ideally this recipe is made with chicken wings or chicken pieces with bones, don’t use boneless chicken pieces for this recipe. I saw this recipe first time on Masterchef’s episode, although they baked the chicken pieces but I made them in a skillet pan and also made few changes to make this recipe in my style. Anyways let’s start cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 2 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total: 30-35 minutes
- Mid-joint chicken wings – 8
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Garlic cloves, minced – 4, divided
- 1 large onion – grated
- Coca-Cola – 200 mL (a big glass)
- Green chili – 1 (remove the seeds)
- Light soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Dark soy sauce – 1 or 2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste (if required)
- Green onions and sesame seeds, chopped to garnish
- Make a paste of green chili and 3 garlic. Now marinade the chicken wings in light, dark soy sauce, this chili and garlic paste and sesame oil for almost 15 minutes.
- Now in skillet pan add the cooking oil in medium heat, add garlic and let it until its fragrances and later add onions; sauté till it’s cooked and tender.
- Once the onions are cooked and turned golden brown, add the marinated chicken and cook for just 2 minutes now add Coca-Cola in it. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced to thick and sticky syrup. Serve it with rice and grilled veggies or salad of your choice.
P.S. once the coke is vaporized half way, pay more attention on chicken because at this time the liquids get vaporized quickly and there are chances of chicken to get burned.
I served it with Knorr Rice Pilaf in which rice and orzo are blended with onions in a delightful butter sauce. It tasted just awesome. I hope you will like this easy recipe of chicken. If you have any suggestions for this recipe you can comment. Happy eats!