We often look for some quick and easy recipes when we are in hurry and also for the dinner; something light, easy to digest and yet healthy. In this, I guess easy fish recipe fits in all possible certainties. We all know that, fishes are the great source of protein and its super healthy for kids as well as for adults. In today’s post, I am making a super easy recipe with a tilapia fish.
If we talk about Tilapia fish, it is easily available in the market, it’s cheap and best thing it doesn’t any inches to your waist line. The most important thing while cooking healthy food is the way you are cooking it. Steamed or boiled food is always good for your body, even grilled and slightly sauté food is good if you use less oil or oil which have less trans-fat. In fact, olive oil is considered to be the best oil for cooking healthy food other oils like canola, sunflower and grape-seed oil etc. can also be considered.
Fish are really quick to cook and almost all fish recipes are prepared within 15 minutes or so. There are plenty of easy recipes of fish that you can try in fact shrimps, scallops and other seafood are also easy and quick to make. Whenever I am in hurry, then I try to make fish or any simple seafood recipe like shrimps and pasta etc. Today’s recipe is perfect for those who are health conscious and count their calories. This fish recipe is high in protein and has negligible fats and extra added calories. Simply serve it with steamed broccoli and you are good to go.
Tip – To make the steamed broccoli taste good, first steam the broccoli properly and for seasoning take fresh lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste, a dash of bell pepper and garlic sauce and little bit of extra virgin oil, whisk well and toss it into steamed broccoli.
Nevertheless, let’s make the tangy tilapia –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season (as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Some fresh coriander or parsley to sprinkle(optional)
- On a plate, combine the flour and a sprinkle pepper and salt. Lightly cover the tilapia in this flour.
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and just cooked through. Remove the fish and set aside. *don’t overcook it, fishes are usually tender and cooks quickly. Overcooking can ruin the taste and nutrients of it.
- Now, add the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and the ginger to that same skillet pan. Increase the heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add lemon zest or more lemon juice if necessary.
- Now add the fish into this sauce and cook for just 1 or 2 minutes. Add freshly chopped coriander or parsley on the top.
Serve it with broccoli on side and glass of nice fresh juice or smoothie of your choice. I hope you will like this healthy and easy recipe for dinner. If you want to share something with me, please write it to me. Till then Stay Healthy and keep cooking such amazing recipes for your loved ones!