Those who are new to this recipe let me first explain the basic facts about meatball and spaghetti. Meatballs are made up of ground meat properly minced and then filled with other ingredients such as chopped onions, garlic, herbs, spices, pepper. It is one of the favorite dishes in Sweden cuisine and across Middle East countries. However every part of world has its own way for making the meatballs. Beef, pork and even lamb can be used for making meatballs.
For making meatballs in Greek cuisine ground meat is mixed in finely diced onion and mints. French used to mix shredded cheese with the meat. Chinese prefer to eat them in larger size with pastas and noodles.
The origin of the meatball was from ancient time when farmers working out in lands started mixing any type of meat with nuts, fruits in order to give it a better taste. Also in those times no freezing system was available so they used to preserve the meat with spices, herbs .This way these balls of meat could last for longer time. It was considered a leftover dish made from cooked meat that is shredded by hands and then mixed with spices.
Spaghetti is an Italian pasta with a cylindrical shape and thinner in size. It is made up of semolina and water. This is a main ingredient in the pasta menu and is often served with tomato sauce.
Now let me discuss here the Spaghetti &Meatballs recipe From Knorr.:
Recipe serves — 6 | Preparation Time – 20 min | Cooking Time —20 min
The ingredients of this recipe are listed as below:
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 12 ounces spaghetti well cooked
- Firstly mix , Knorr® Homestyle Stock , ground beef, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and garlic together in medium bowl
- Then shape the entire mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Put the sauce in the large saucepan till it turns into boiling point.Place the uncooked meatballs into the pan.
- On low to medium heat cover the meatballs with a lid and let them cook for 5 minutes till they become firmer.
- Keep on turning the meatballs so that they are cooked properly and stir them occasionally after every 15 minutes.
- Then serve it hot with spaghetti and parmesan cheese sprinkled over it
Note: If the names Chuck, Round and Sirloin are there on packages of extra lean ground beef, it indicates the ground beef is made from a single cut, not a mix.
This recipe can be tried at home and those who are new to this recipe can simply follow the steps as mentioned above to get delicious dish.