Do you also feel lazy in summers? At least I do, I just want to enjoy the sun during the day time and watch TV at night. Sounds so nice, Isn’t? I think we all must have some recipes which can be cooked in flat 20 minutes. Sea food is one type of protein which can be cooked very fast, so most of my recipes which comes under 20 minutes of less belongs to this family of protein.
Easting seafood on regular basis makes our body lean and our hair very healthy. Most of the seafood items are very rich in protein and C-cod. Shrimps are one type of protein which is very easy to cook (as it cooks very fast) and delicious to eat.
- 1 kg uncooked large shrimps
- 2 tbsp. of light butter
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushes)\
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper (as per taste)
- Choice of your vegetables (grilled to go on the side)
- 1 packed of rice (cooked as per the direction of the packet)
- Take a big bowl and season shrimp with salt & pepper. Leave it for about 20 minutes or so.
- Now, melt low fat butter in a heavy base pan over a medium-high stove setting and cook shrimps, stirring occasionally. It will take about 3-4 minutes. Make sure that the shrimps only turn pink, not brown.
- Once the shrimps are pink, stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Turn-off the stove and squeeze lemon juice on top of the shrimps.
- Serve immediately over rice with grilled vegetables.
- If you like your shrimps hot, then you can serve them with chilli sauce.
When I first cooked this dish, I was really amaze because I could not believe that the whole dish was ready. At times, I just eat this dish in the afternoon without any side because the tangy taste of lemon makes the shrimps absolutely succulent.