As a kid, I remember I always enjoyed chicken soup in my childhood. I guess almost every kid for that matter loves chicken soup and chicken noodle soup. In winters gulping bowlful of soups is delight plus it’s healthy and appetizing too. Soups are comforting on a cold night and best thing about soup is- it’s easy to make and you can use leftovers too, to make a nice homemade simple soup.
There are plenty of recipes that you can try with chicken noodle soup like Thai style soup or Vietnamese style of soup etc. Today, I am making a simple soup recipe which can be made quickly in no time. Kids love this recipe and moreover it’s filling too. I am using thin egg noodles for this recipe, you can use any noodles for it. Add veggies and other goodness to make this recipe healthy.
It’s a recipe that you can be made without spending hours in the kitchen. Using a nice stock or broth, the flavors can be enhanced easily. So let’s make this simple recipe –
This recipe can serve up to 8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. sage
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 6 cups water
- 2 tubs Knorr Home-style Stock - Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces thin egg noodles
- Fresh Parsley or thyme to garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add sage and thyme.
- Stir in water and Knorr Chicken Home-style Stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until Stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and stir in chicken. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Simple isn’t it? There is no rocket science for this recipe; even kids can try to make this recipe under a supervision. In this, you can also use leftover chicken pieces and more veggies like mushrooms, corns or baby corns, bell peppers, tomatoes, kale etc. if you want. I believe in change so each time I add different veggies when I make this recipe like I add kale and tomatoes together, corns and mushrooms together and so on i.e. the veggies which complement the taste of each other.
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. Take care and enjoy.