Meatloaf recipe for dinner is the perfect solution, kids are happy as well husband. Everyone love meatloaf. Whether you make it with chicken or beef you can never go wrong with this recipe. If you does then you definitely made some major flaws while making it.
A meatloaf will prepared with great precision and accurate measuring of ingredient. Anything in access can make the loaf very runny and gooey or if you don’t add moisture it becomes very dry and chewy. So while adding eggs, chicken stock you have to make sure it’s added under precision. Nevertheless, a meatloaf does need some practice and experience.
I remember I always seek for some secret tips and tricks from my grandmother, mother and aunts while making any authentic recipe. Meatloaf recipe is one of the traditional recipe that is prepared from centuries in many families. And it’s not even surprising that some on the ingredients and spices changes as the place changes and so does the flavors and taste too.
A classic meatloaf is prepared in plenty of ways whether you make a whole loaf in a baking tray or make mini loafs and for that matters meatloaf in cupcakes or bite-size are also commendable. But today I am sharing an interesting meatloaf recipe which you can also make in parties. Rather than making a classic meatloaf recipe make a nice stuffed one.
Stuffing could be of anything, like cheese, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach or even any combination of assorted veggies and cheese. So when you have a bite of a meatloaf these ingredients give nice flavor and taste compared to a regular dish. I personally like the combination of spinach, tomatoes and cheese. It’s a perfect hidden spot to make your kid eat veggies. Try kale and chopped broccoli or peas etc. if your kid doesn’t like to eat vegetables.
Nevertheless, let’s start cooking this wonderful recipe –
This recipe serves up to 8 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 (7.25 oz.) blanched spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes, deseeded
- Heat oven at 375 degree F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs. In this, stir in ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and ½ cup of the pizza sauce until it’s mixed properly.
- Now on large sheet of foil, shape beef mixture into 12x10-inch rectangle. Top evenly with provolone cheese, spinach and tomatoes to within ½ inch of edges. Starting with one 10-inch side, roll up; press seam to seal. Place seam side down in pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf. Insert meat thermometer so bulb reaches center of loaf.
- Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until loaf is thoroughly cooked in center and thermometer reads 160 degree F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Tip - Shape beef mixture on foil and top with cheese with veggies. Use foil to roll up meat loaf. And place seam side down in foil-lined pan.
I hope you will like this interesting recipe, stuffed veggies of your choice and do let me know how this meatloaf recipe turned out at your place. If you have any special tips and tricks to make a nice meatloaf, so share with us. Till then, happy eats. Bon apetite.