Microwave cooking is a boon when it comes to quick and easy recipes. Today I am sharing 3 simple recipes that you can try this season. These recipes can be made in a mug. This is perfect for the singletons or for those who live alone. In this post I am sharing recipes on desserts, quiche recipe for breakfast, and instant mug cakes that you can enjoy at any given time.
More and less I am also sharing a beef recipe i.e. meatloaf in a mug which covers your dinner requirements. Cooking is no rocket science but simple tips and tricks do helps and make cooking easier and fun! Anyways let’s start cooking –
Quiche in a Mug – This recipe is perfect for breakfast. This hassle-free quiche recipe is easy to make and can be made for an individual in solo cups/mugs if you want. Just put the ingredients and cook it in the microwave. To make this you need –
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ of a bagel (or any other type of French bread, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- ½ slice prosciutto or ham
- Fresh thyme leaves or fresh chopped chives
- Beat egg and milk together with a fork in a coffee cup, and add salt and pepper to taste. Tear bread into small pieces; stir in. Add cream cheese; stir in. Tear or cut prosciutto into small pieces; add into mixture. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Microwave it on high until done, for about 1 minute 10 seconds. Garnish it with mustard and fresh thyme or chives.
Meatloaf in a Mug – A simple beef recipe that can be made on a busy weeknight. And this recipe can be cooked in just 3 minutes in microwave. You can also make individual cups if you want in large quantities. To make this you need –
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon beef stock
- ¼ pound lean ground beef
- Take a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats, stock and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- Now cover it and microwave on high settings for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Give a stand time of 3 minutes more.
Cake in a Mug – The easiest dessert you can make after your meal. There are plenty of recipes for dessert in a mug but what I like is the cake made from coco-cola. No eggs and milks are required its simple and yum. For this you need –
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon of self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 big dollop of Nutella spread
- Coco-cola to mix
- Take sugar, flour, cocoa powder in a mug; now add oil and Nutella and stir well. Add coco-cola to make a smooth batter.
- Bake it for 1.5 minutes or until its baked on high settings in a microwave. Dollop some whipped cream over the mug and enjoy.
I hope you will like these 3 easy recipes for your breakfast, lunch and dinner and above that the scrumptious dessert to enjoy. If you have any query or suggestion then you can write to me. Enjoy the holiday. Happy eats!