Being a busy mother sometimes I really don’t have enough time to spend in the kitchen to prepare dinner. So I prefer to cook an easy dinner recipes pork chop dish is one of them. The pork chop recipe can be easily made with the ingredients on hand.
Pork chops can be served as one of the great meals any time of the year be it summer or winter. The pork chops is made of wonderful flavors that it gives absolutely fantastic taste to any ordinary recipe.
Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes Recipe is one of my favorite and easy pork chop recipe which is made up of the ingredients which are readily available at home anytime. None of these ingredients are hard to find if you visit any nearest store.
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 onion of medium size, sliced & 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter & all-purpose flour
- Additional salt and pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan first melt the butter then pour in the flour, salt and pepper and turn it into a smooth batter. Then add the chicken broth.
- Bring it to boil and then keep on stirring it for every minute till it is cooked properly. And the mixture is thickened.
- Take it away from the heat and set it aside.
- Now in another skillet of large size, turn the pork chops brown in the oil and then sprinkle so more salt and pepper over it if required.
- For the baking process, take a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer it with potatoes and onion.
- Next pour the broth mixture over the potatoes and onion layers and place pork chops on its top.
- Final step would be to cover and bake the pork chops at a temperature of 350° for about 1 hour.
- If still not done uncover it and then again bake it for 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Last but not the least sprinkle paprika and parsley over the final pork chop dish for the final garnishing.
Source URL: http://www.tasteofhome.com
By following the above recipe directions one can cook such a delicious recipe at home.I often cook it twice or thrice a week at dinner time. Both my kids love to eat potatoes a lot so any recipe which has potato as one of the ingredient is always cherished by them.
Please do not forget to drop in your valuable comments at the end of this blog write-up. It motivates me to share such type of different and quick recipes in future.