Are you looking for a classic and easy chicken breast recipes then sweet and sour chicken is easiest of all. Sweet and sour chicken is kid’s favorite too. It got the delicious Chinese Flavors and the sweet and sour flavors that just can’t be ignored.
This recipe is simple and quick, and you only consume just one pan for this dish. You can serve this with rice side and just watch your kids finishing their food by their own. This quick and easy recipe can be made easily on any weekday night or even on weekends (choice is yours). You can exclude bell peppers and onions (if you have picky eater at home) but I suggest to keep them. In fact you can also add sugar snap peas to enhance the taste and sweetness better.
For the Recipe:
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves up to 4 servings
|Sweet and Sour Chicken|
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips or chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped red and green pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons of water
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or normal white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken stock, I used Knorr’s low sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- Take a large non-stick skillet pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken strips or chunks and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
- Add garlic, red and green peppers and cook for about 1 minute or so. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve it over warm rice side.
And it’s ready to serve. The flavors are just amazing that you will become addictive to it. For more quick and easy chicken recipes, I need your suggestions – what else you want? If you have any query or confusion just feel free to contact me. Enjoy and have fun! :)