Everyone’s Christmas and New Year hangover must be almost over now. They all must have started up their daily routine of busy lives. But for those who have faith in Orthodox Christian their time for celebrating festivals just started with Christmas celebration on Jan 7 and New Year Celebration on Jan 14.
So tomorrow is their New Year.
Actually why am I writing all about it reason being like me I thought you all must also not be familiar about it. My grandparents believe in this and they celebrate Jan 14 2015 as their New Year. So for me I am gearing up myself for the New Year celebrations for the second time for the same year. There is not a public holiday observed here in the US but you can get to see huge traffic and parking around Orthodox churches all over the US.
Discussions apart. Now I have come up with such an easy dinner recipe which I could make at home to rejoice both my grandparents and parents. This was a big responsibility as I did not want to end up with something bad. So I browsed the web and came across these two Knorr dinner recipes and My Recipes dinner recipes as their respective cooking time were less so I choose them.
Have a look at their recipes here one by one.
1:- Knorr Chipotle Chicken Pasta
Recipe Serves 4 | Preparation Time 10 min | Cooking Time 18 min
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 oz.)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook red pepper and chipotle pepper, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until red pepper is tender. Stir in corn and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Chicken flavor and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in chicken and sour cream; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
2:- My Recipes Beach Shrimp Recipe
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp* $
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle Italian dressing $
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 lemons, halved $
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up $
- Place first 4 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, tossing to coat. Squeeze juice from lemons over shrimp mixture, and stir. Add lemon halves to pan. Sprinkle evenly with parsley; dot with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Serve in pan.
- 3 lb frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted. Prepare recipe as directed, reducing pepper to 1/2 tsp.
I am going to try both of them and will certainly share my experiences with you all.
Till then try them at home again Happy New Year.